Trustage auto insurance is a relatively new player in the car insurance market. As drivers consider their options for coverage, they may wonder – is Trustage auto insurance any good? This comprehensive guide provides an in-depth look at Trustage policies, customer satisfaction, pricing, and more to help you decide if it’s the right insurer for you.
Overview of Trustage Auto Insurance
Trustage Insurance Company is an insurance provider founded in 2019 and based in Florida. It offers a range of personal auto insurance policies as well as some commercial lines. Here are some quick facts about Trustage:
- Provides minimum liability, full coverage, and specialty auto policies
- Has availability in a limited number of states so far
- Offers standard discounts like multi-policy, safe driver, and more
- Policies can be purchased directly online or over the phone
- Has financial backing from investors and insurance industry experts
- Does not currently have brand name recognition or a long track record
Trustage Pros: What Stands Out?
Being a young insurance company, Trustage is still working to establish its brand and reputation. However, there are some key advantages that make it worth considering:
Trustage offers some of the lowest rates available from leading insurers in states where offered. Drivers can often find significant savings compared to large national companies.
Good coverage options
Policies include standard liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments, uninsured motorist, and more. Additional coverages are available such as roadside assistance.
Easy quoting and buying process
Drivers can get quotes instantly online and purchase a policy completely electronically in about 10 minutes. Minimum paperwork and hassle.
Strong financial backing
Trustage is backed by a group of billionaire investors with extensive insurance industry experience. This suggests financial stability.
The company utilizes advanced technology and AI to optimize pricing and the customer experience. This can lead to faster claims and improved satisfaction.
Potential Trustage Cons to Consider
While Trustage does have some positive traits, there are also a few downsides to note:
Trustage only operates in a handful of states right now including Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada. So it’s not an option for all drivers.
Minimal physical locations
The company has very few local agents or brick-and-mortar offices. In-person support is limited.
Short track record
Given its 2019 founding, Trustage does not have a long history or reputation in the market yet. The company is still building trust.
Few extras or discounts
The list of available discounts and add-ons is relatively small compared to bigger insurance providers. Less opportunity to lower premiums.
Unproven claims process
While the technology is promising for claims, the actual settlements process is untested. No way to assess satisfaction yet.
Trustage Customer Satisfaction: Reviews and Ratings
With Trustage being a newer insurance provider, there are minimal customer reviews available so far. The company does not have official ratings from third-parties like JD Power or the BBB. Here is a summary of what limited policyholder feedback exists:
- Relatively few online reviews available due to low awareness
- Comments on pricing are generally positive – lower premiums
- Claims process and customer service feedback is mixed and limited
- Complaints cite struggles contacting live representatives
- Most satisfied customers highlight easy signup/renewal and cost savings
While not a conclusive assessment, initial reviews seem moderately positive overall but cite some growing pains. The company is still establishing its reputation.
Trustage Auto Insurance Costs and Discounts
Here is an overview of what drivers can expect from Trustage auto insurance rates and ways to lower costs:
- Rates are low compared to big national companies, especially for minimum liability policies
- Average savings between 20-40% are common for drivers switching to Trustage
- Discounts are available for multi-policy, safe driving, anti-theft devices, and paperless signup
- Bundling with homeowners or renters insurance with Trustage provides the most savings
- Rates can vary widely by driver age, location, driving history and other standard factors
- Premium increases after accidents or tickets are moderate compared to the industry
While already competitively priced, the limited discount offerings leave little room for further reductions in premiums. Rates are lower overall, but fewer ways to lower costs compared to other carriers.
Is Trustage Auto Insurance Recommended?
The answer depends on individual driver needs and priorities. Here are some key considerations:
For those focused strictly on low rates – Trustage delivers very affordable premiums, especially for minimum liability needs. Cost-conscious shoppers should strongly consider it.
For great technology and fast service – The digital insurance experience is seamless. Customers who want speed and minimal hassle are well served.
For extensive discounts or extras – With fewer available policy add-ons and limited discount opportunities, Trustage trails in this regard.
For long-term reputation or stability – Bigger insurers like Geico and State Farm may be better options if you prioritize history and name brand trust.
For local agent support – There is minimal in-person assistance available currently with Trustage, which could be a disadvantage for some.
For drivers who prioritize low rates and simple digital insurance transactions, Trustage delivers worthwhile value. Just understand the trade-offs like less robust discounts, minimal agent support, and claims processing that still needs to stand the test of time. Weigh the pros and cons against your individual insurance priorities and needs.